Friday 1 June 2018

WORLD MILK DAY 2018 - 1st June celebrates the power of milk! #MyStory

Flaunting a milk moustache has a day of celebration – Happy World Milk Day!

It’s 1st June 2018 and the world is celebrating the natural source of calcium and protein – Milk!

From the times we have grown – milk is the first source of nutrition that makes us live life. Milk provides for the essential nutrients in our body, keeps us healthy and makes us stronger. It was only fair that we give back to this natural source of life by dedicating a day for its celebration.

Back in 2001, the FAO (Food and Agricultural Organizations of the United Nations) decided to observe 1st June each year as “WORLD MILK DAY”. This day is celebrated as a contribution that is provided by the dairy sector in making the world live nutritiously, sustain life and grow healthier. Global celebrations are held across countries to create awareness about the goodness of milk.

I remember I wasn’t fond of drinking milk as a kid. I only preferred it in my tea or some occasional times when revolting against mom wasn’t fruitful enough. So my glass of milk would always get a spoonful of Bournvita, Horlicks or Turmeric in it. By the time I grew up milk was only used in making my cup of teas.

Over time when I started working my mornings ran hectic which made it impossible for me to catch up on breakfast. I was still struggling with the new office life. And then one day when I was leaving for an early seminar, I was forced to gulp down a glass of milk before I leave (such is home you see!). The day went by without me getting hungry at all. I was out and about working all day without getting tired. It was only in the night I realized that I hadn’t eaten anything. This is the moment I truly realized how good milk is for health. Thereon I began taking milk seriously.

Years later, I was on my regular dose of milk until my skin started showing problems. Turned out I had developed intolerance towards lactose and drinking natural milk would only make the situation worse. This is where my habit of drinking milk daily ended. I started searching for alternatives and I landed with the LACTOSE FREEMILK BY AMUL!

The lactose free milk is great for people who have lactose intolerance but love to enjoy their milk. Although a bit expensive than the regular milk – this one fits the bill!
That was my story with the bottle of goodness. The love still going strong!
Milk is available today in a variety of ways. You can get it from the local dairy farms who even have milkmen to deliver the milk to your house, buy packets of the local dairy milk, get dairy whitener from NESTLE or choose from the branded milk packets or tetrapacks like AMUL, MOTHER DAIRY, NANDINI and more.

A glass of milk keeps you healthy and strong daily!


The best part is you can explore the taste with milk. There are end number of milk products, sweets, eatables and medicines made from milk. Milk as an ingredient is used in a lot of cooking. It is a great beverage which can be flavoured up just as you like and can be taken in the raw form too. From feeding it to a new born child to developing beauty face packs – milk works like magic in making us stronger from within!

So just to give your contribution to the day, take up a glass of milk (flavor or unflavoured) drink it up and flaunt the milk moustache today! #WORLDMILKDAY

 My Favourites to go with Milk are dry fruits and:

Do share with me what you like mix up with milk!


Contact me via

Email: nisha.na2708@gmail.com or Instagram: nishclick

Facebook: /myplatereview or Twitter: @myplatereview

8 comments:

  1. Nice article. I read your full article on daily basis and this is very useful for everyone. If want you want online milk then I recommend you Southvillemaelk. Southvillemaelk offering online milk in Delhi and Gurgoan .Taste and quality of milk is very good. So order now healthy and tasty milk by Southvillemaelk.
    Website : Buy Fresh Cow Milk Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive blog. This is really useful information for me. Get more useful information reagarding different Dairy Macines that help to produce different dairy milk products.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Nice Blog , This is what I exactly Looking for , Keep sharing more blog .
    Buy Fresh Cow Milk Online

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can prepare various food dishes from milk products with the help of Dairy Equipment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog post about power of milk. I really like it, enjoy to read it. Thanks for the great post. Please share somthing about Flavoured Milk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Organic Cow Milk in Chennai | Fresh Cow Milk Suppliers in Chennai
    Fresh Cow Milk Suppliers in Chennai

    ReplyDelete