Thursday 24 May 2018

Seviyan Kheer ~ The Vermicelli pudding for Ramzan! #EID2018 #Recipe


The holy month of Ramzan is the purest of fastings that I have known. I guess the beauty of this month lies in the constant dedication, following of the rules and the belief that you are becoming a better self of yourself! As much as I love the traditions of people keeping the fastings, the food that is made as part of Iftari excites me the most!


Seviyan is one of the sweet dishes that is cherished in all religions equally. My mom makes it a lot of times with all the richness of dry fruits and ghee in it. The beautiful part is that we all have different versions of it at each house. I have always been used to eating the milky kheer version of seviyan that is sweet, delicate and yum!

As it’s the month of Ramzan I couldn’t stop myself from making this one once again as a part of celebration for my friends who are into fasting!

Here is a short recipe that I use while making seviyan kheer at home!

Ingredients:

2 tbsp ghee (large spoonfuls)
1 cup roasted seviyan (vermicelli)
2-3 tbsps chopped dry fruits (cashews, almonds & pistachios)
½ cup sugar
1 ltr milk
A few saffron strands

Method:

1. In a hollow pan, take the 2 tbsps ghee and roast the vermicelli to form a very light brownish colour. Roasted vermicelli is available in the market readily too. I prefer a slight roasting of these too. Now add in the dry fruits and cook for a minute.

2.Add one litre milk to the seviyan and start boiling it. After the mix has boiled, keep it on medium flame and let it cook with occasional stir. Seviyan will start absorbing the milk and it will reduce the milk into half.

3. After the milk has dried half, add sugar and saffron strands. Cook a few more minutes and your seviyaan is ready!

*You can also add khoya for a good texture but I prefer the non-khoya version kheer!


The mix of delicate flavours brings out a beautiful taste that is hard to let go! Do try this recipe and cherish the festival vibes!


Contact me via

Email: nisha.na2708@gmail.com or Instagram: nishclick

Facebook: /myplatereview or Twitter: @myplatereview

No comments:

Post a Comment