Friday 18 May 2018

Pyaar Mohabbat Sharbat with Roohafza | The Old Delhi drink getting popular for its uniqueness! #ROOHAFZASERIES


I remember the day quite well when I first put my hands on the ‘Pyaar Mohabbat Sharbet ‘in Purani Dilli. While strolling through the roads of the Old Delhi and hunting some delicious street food I happened to plan to go near Jama Masjid with one of my friends! Right opposite Jama Masjid was this small stall with a man putting up a large bowl of milk sharbat that intrigued me. I walked up to him and asked what it is – the reply came ‘Pyar Mohabbat Sharbat’.



Lets be honest here, my first thought was that he was trying to joke or flirt with me but then this was indeed the name of the sherbet that had already gained momentum in Delhi.This beautiful concoction of Watermelon with Roohafza is a patent drink sold near Jama Masjid since quite a time now. I quickly ppicked up a glass and to say the least it was love at first sip!

Nawab Qureshi, who is today also popularly known as the ‘ PYaar Mohabbat Sharbat wala’ started from a small stall here selling the sharbat at just INR 10. In just a few years he shifted from the small stall to a good dedicated place right next to Aslam Chicken Corner (Near Jama Masjid) and is now very popular for complimenting the chickens with his mind-blowing sharbat.

The secret behind the taste is the reverent mix of flavours that comes from milk, sugar syrup, roohafza and chopped watermelon that adds a crunch. The rose flavouring is mind-blowing!

As much as the name shall intrigue you the taste is unmatchable and is far beyond the name can vouch for! This one surely needed a try at my own kitchen and so I did! I am sure my recipe does not bring the taste exactly the same as the one I had in the streets of Old Delhi -  but this one lives with me for every moment I wish to sip it up!


Hope you try it out and cherish the taste as much as I did !

Ingredients

1 litre milk
½ cup Roohafza
2 cups Chopped watermelon chunks (deseeded)
1 tsp rose syrup
3 tbsp sugar syrup ( I used stevia)

Method:

  1. Empty the chilled Amul Milk in a large bowl.
  2. Add in the roohafza, sugar syrup and rose syrup to the milk and stir well.
  3. Drop in the watermelon chunks and generous helping of ice on it.
  4. Let the sherbet set in the fridge for about half an hour so that the flavours come together.
  5. Serve chilled
 


This is one of my most loved sharbats every since the day I tasted it. I hope you all love it as much as I do!


Contact me via

Email: nisha.na2708@gmail.com or Instagram: nishclick

Facebook: /myplatereview or Twitter: @myplatereview

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the information and guide about Old Delhi you have shared in this post, if anyone looking for some fun places and attractions in Pitampura Delhi, then you can visit our website for sure.
    Netaji Subhash Place Delhi

    ReplyDelete