Sunday 20 May 2018

#ROOHAFZA Rose Pistachio Kulfi | Homemade Indian KULFI #Roohafzaseries


Indian desserts have a special place in heart! They aren’t just filled with natural flavours but also stories from our childhood which give it a special love. Most of the Indian Desserts that I have learnt have been passed on to me by my mother who has pampered me in my childhood a lot with her cooking! 

And when I think of kulfis I have to give my due credits to my Mami for making me cherish different kulfi flavours which she used to treat me with during each of my summer holidays. This one is for them!

Have waffles, pancakes or gelato – there is nothing that can defy the taste that an Indian gets from the regular kulfi in India. From the little Kulfi stalls spread across every nook and corner of India, Indian Kitchens where they are worshipped to even the most gourmet restaurants which are bringing their own twist to the generic kulfis. The Indian kulfi is an experience!

I tried to twist and turn the regular taste with a little addition of Roohafza for that special flavor. In my attempt I went a little overboard to count in pistachios, cashews and even rose into the kulfi for a little richness. And the taste it provides for in every bite is – AMAZING!

Here is the recipe!

Ingredients:

1 litre Amul Milk
6 tbsps of Roohafza
1 tsp of Rose syrup
2 tbsp rose water
100 grams Khoya (Dried milk cake)
Handful of chopped cashews and pistachios
2 tbsp sugar ( I did not add much of sugar as ROohafza is already sweet)

Method:


  1. Boil the Amul Milk in a large pan and keep stirring it occasionally.
  2. We have to keep boiling the milk and reduce it to half for the thickness. You should not let the milk unattended for this. Keep the flame in medium to low and keep stirring occasionally until it reduces to half.
  3. Now add khoya, rose syrup, rose water, sugar and chopped dry fruits into it. Give it a nice stir and them switch off the flame.
  4. Let the mixture cool down and come to room temperature.
  5. Now add in the roohafza and give it a nice stir.
  6. Take the kulfi moulds and pour the mixture in and cover it with the kulfi caps or just put in the kulfi sticks.
  7. Deep freeze it for a good 8 hours. And your kulfi shall be ready!


As natural and delicious it is – this is one of the best recipes from my #ROOHAFZASERIES .. Enjoy!

Contact me via

Email: nisha.na2708@gmail.com or Instagram: nishclick


Facebook: /myplatereview or Twitter: @myplatereview


No comments:

Post a Comment