Tuesday 19 April 2016

#RestaurantReview : Jain Chawal Wale - My favorite!


Delhi has been my favourite for a lot of reasons. It has the perfect combination of development and desi-ness, people from every state find a place for themselves here which doesn’t make them miss their home much. Also known as the food capital of India, you are not made to search much in terms of food. Idli sambar, medu vada, bread chilla, Sandesh, Vada pav or be it momos, you will find them all. And mind you, I am not counting 5 star hotels and restaurants. The street food holds so much of love from people that they have evolved into offering the most desired taste one would crave for, be it any time of the day.

One such crave satisfying place for food lovers rests in the heart of the city. The ‘Jain Chawal Wale’, call it a food joint or a dhaba, serves the most delicious home style food in the Connaught Circus. It was in 2013 that one of my friends in Delhi recommended me this joint, and looking at the picture of Rajma-Chawal he once shared with me on whatsapp, I was totally convinced visiting it next time I get a chance. And I must tell you, Jain Chawal wale visit was not a planned one yet.


I had been on some work to the Barakhamba road and had gotten late. Thinking of a quick pack dinner option, I just happened to cross the joint. It was raining way too heavily for me decide whether I wanted to rush home quickly or get my dinner packed and wait for the rain to slow down. Anyways I just had a halt at the JCW and ordered my food. The “Rajma-Chawal” my friend had talked about. No sooner did I take the first spoonful of the dish, I fell for it. I don’t know when the plate was emptied and I ordered for yet another plate, this time for a takeaway. My takeaway order was a plate of Rajma-Chawal, One Kadi-Chawal, One Chur chur naan platter and a Malai chaap. Yes I ordered all for me (haha!)

The rain had slowed down by then and I happily left for home. Don’t ask the heavenly experience I had with those 4 orders back at home.

My next visit to Jain Chawal Wale was a late night one. The place was full with parked cars, people hovering over their orders. Probably they were late with their food or having a midnight craving like me. This time too my prime order stuck with Rajma-Chawal and a Thali. We were two of us, and almost spent an hour sitting and having our food. The rescue it offers to food mongers at night is incomparable. After several lovable visits to this place I would mention here, that Jain Chawal Wale has become my favorite food option in Delhi.

Concept: An affordable and no frills joint, largely serving its purpose to serve home-style desi food to everyone. Almost like a motel, with counters and a small setup to sit.

Service: It’s a self-service counter-like joint, mostly famous for its Chawal (Rice) dishes, you Order-Pay-Collect-Eat at a place you want to. They have arranged for a little of space, but given the food they offer any sitting space would fall short. You can even park your car and a person arrives to take your order and serve you in the car itself. The food is served really fast as all you have got to do is take your slip and exchange it for your order at the counter dedicated for the cuisine you ordered.

Plating: They serve in foam plates and paper plates due to huge footfall.

Price: Value for money. Low on the pocket and heavy on the belly kind of pricing it is. They only accept cash.

MyPlateReview Recommends: A visit to this for most of your North-Indian cravings while shopping or during office hours (i.e. if you happen to be nearby). Try their Rajma-Chawal, kadi-chawal, chaap, CHOLLE BHATURE, and even thalis meant for a complete meal. You are bound to love it for a sasta aur tasty food option. And if you are an outsider visiting India, this is the perfect place (minus the lavish needs, if any) for you to try home-style basic Indian food.

MyPlateReview Rating: 4/5

Address: Jain Chawal Wale, P-1/190, Connaught Circus, Connaught Place, New Delhi

Nearest Metro Station: Shivaji Stadium and Rajeev Chowk Metro Station Gate No. 7

Contact: 011 23360780

Timings: 4 a.m. to 1 a.m.

Connect with me via
Email: nisha.na2708@gmail.com
          

Twitter: @myplatereview or Facebook: /myplatereview

4 comments:

  1. Electric body massager is a device that provides a massage or an invigorating feel to the body, without any human effort. It’s an electrical massager that does the work for you. It runs on electricity and provides a soothing and relaxing sensation to the body and mind. There are different types of massagers to choose from depending on the intensity of the pressure and the area of the body to be massaged. They are generally lightweight and easy to use. They can be used in a home or in a professional setting.
    Buy Electric Body Massager For men and women

    ReplyDelete