Sunday 4 September 2016

Siliguri Cake Stories! #TheCakeSisters - A Must Try!


Sweet delights and untold stories have more to it than just taste…
Dark chocolate cake (Ignore the 'Bee' part its the snapchat fever!)

I am a chocolate lover and when it comes to indulging in cakes.. I am spoilt for choice! Given the foodie and choco-lover I am, I am not laid behind in finding new ways to satisfy my chocolate craving for different kinds of sweet delights and specially chocolates and cakes..

But this time when I returned home, I found it extremely difficult for me to cope up with the not-so-good versions of chocolates and cakes in my hometown. Of course there have been a lot of bakeries and cafes doing the supply of cakes and treats galore. 
But I had now connected with them in a deeper level to be pleased easily.

And that is why there is a hunt for people who can bake those cakes as perfect as I feel it melting in my mouth. And this is where my search ended! After having a spoiling experience on my birthday night with a Red Velvet Cake which was much like bread and cheese.. I had left hopes of good cakes from Siliguri! But indeed my sister stepped in and brought the change by introducing The Cake Sisters to me!

My sissie sent me a dark chocolate cake from the cake sisters and the next thing I remember is that I hadn’t finished any cake as fast as I did this! In no time two pounds of cake had just vanished into our stomach and I don’t know just how! The chocolate kept melting in mouth with such softness and freshness.. I couldn’t want anything more satisfying than this with cakes!


Concept: The Cake Sisters is a joint work by two sisters – Ankita Jain and Ashmita Jain (Who happen to be my sister’s friends). Their baking love started back in their college days and is going strong with ‘The Cake Sisters’ turning almost 2 now! The cake sisters operate from their home, make completely eggless cakes and it’s all about the love for baking! They specialize in making cupcakes, chocolates, the regular cakes and exotic cakes like Oreo mud cake, fondant designs, red velvet cake (which is the next I will order), cheese cakes etc.

MyPlateReview Recommends: Siliguri people have a new destination for their need of exotic cakes and chocolates because they are homemade with love for baking. I specially love supporting people who work with passion and love for something and The Cake Sisters just make my experience wonderful. After all it is always better to find people who make something with passion rather than just buying through bakeries.

MyPlateReview Rating: 4.5/5


Courses Offered: Asmita Jain has an Advanced Diploma in Confectionery from Culinary and Cake Decoration School, New Delhi and her specialization is a treat to Siliguri people with courses of baking brownies, cupcakes, donuts, swiss rolls, ice-creams and a variety of starters.

Availability: The cakes can be ordered through phone calls to ‘The Cake Sisters’ and picked up from their place freshly baked.



Price: The normal cake pricing starts from Rs. 400 whereas the exotic cakes are sold Rs. 500 onwards. Pretty much in sync with that of bakeries!

Contact: 095640 53555

Join them through their Facebook Page: /thecakesisters.in

Connect with me via

Email: nisha.na2708@gmail.com or Instagram: nishclick


Twitter: @myplatereview or Facebook: /myplatereview

2 comments:

  1. Nice and Simple info about Eggless Cakes and Egg free Cakes and if U want to know more about different flavors of cakes in detail
    Birthday Cakes Delivery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) Please do send me details of the different flavours of cakes with you .. :)

    ReplyDelete