Friday 23 September 2016

Chaiwallas and the love for tea! #TeaTalks #Day1


Wooden benches.. an old stove and a pan full of thoughts brewing.. That is chai for me when I am around a chai wallah!


Here is me back with a little thrill this time! Welcoming you all to a week long tea talks journey which is a reflection of my love for tea and the tea culture that India breathes.  
Being an Indian it gives me immense pleasure to say that we love our tea so much as you can call it our national drink! And hence I will be sharing a lot of insights about the tea culture, the history and the advancements that tea in India has been witnessing not forgetting to share the benefits and fun facts about tea!

Picture Courtesy: Rozy Agarwal
My first post of course had to be about Chaiwallas – as they had been the pioneers of tea culture in India brewing the flavor of India since ages now. Go anywhere in India and you shall find little shops and stalls with the minimal equipment and man serving tea to a lot of people. If you have been travelling in India or a resident here, Chaiwala is one person who will not be missed by you! We Indians love our tea well and to the core and no matter how many cups go from our bed time tea, breakfast tea, chai-sutta or office machine tea, the joy in standing outside the Chaiwala stall and gossiping with our friends is incomparable.

You cannot miss the thrill and love of drinking your daily tea on a tea stall in India. Chaiwalas have been there since ages now and have been the pioneers of tea taste in our lives. Tea is rightly said to be the cup of life as it not only holds an addictive dose for each one of us to kick start our day, but it is also a friend and a constant companion in our daily lives. Be it writing a poem, penning down a thought or just thinking about life – Tea is somewhere around us!


For me, tea or Chai is an absolute love and need! Each morning is a saga of filling up a big glass of tea freshly brewed with crushed ginger, cardamom and quality tea and making it perfect to open my eyes and make me ready for the day! Caution: Do not talk to me before I get my tea fix of the morning!


Whilst I keep sharing on my experiences on the tea culture and new tea varieties in India, if you are anywhere travelling or exploring India, do feel free to share with me your experience of tea in a dhaba, tea stall or anywhere! Would love to get connected and share your picture! And yes keep returning for more exciting tea talks to happen!

2 comments: