Wednesday 18 May 2016

The CrunchBox Review! Love in a box!!



Pick a few – open your mouth – Throw – Pop – And Crunch! That is how we do it right? Watching movie in a theatre or just talking on phone at night, hosting a girls night IN , or have a house party; we all love to munch on popcorns!
Actually there are two kinds of people, one who go to watch movies for the subject and the others who can’t make through a movie without their subject (popcorns) in hand. Well I won’t mind a tub of popcorns no matter which movie it is!

There are days when walking around Delhi I come across small stalls who are popping popcorns the desi way, and I grab them to just keep munching on something. Yes I am in that habit of munching and talking, munching and walking, and constantly putting something in my mouth every now and then, hashtag FOODIE!! That is my association with popcorns.

All the popcorn love was fine until, The Crunch Box sent me this Cute and such large collection of the popcorns they make. And I am taken! With so many boxes I could just not make out how to go ahead with it. As I was sorting and reading the names of the flavors, I understood that either I would just end up eating all at a go, or I will have to be very strict on myself! And so, I decided to munch on only one flavor per day and have honest, thorough understanding of their flavors. And trust me I just couldn’t stop myself after the first bite.

Story: We have always been experimenting with food, yet there were a lot of things that saw no experimentation. And one such item was popcorns. We only used to get the salted ones, and then came buttered popcorns. This moved on to cheese, black pepper, sweet caramel and even involving chocolates into it. What I had not personally noticed in India was a whole range of Gourmet popcorns which come up with such exciting flavors that make you forget that they are actually popcorns and not the dishes whose flavors have been infused. Like when I munched on the Jalapenos flavor from The Crunch Box, after a while I forgot if it was nachos (jalapenos flavor) or popcorns, because it tasted like so. And that is when I realized that they have come a long way into customer satisfaction. I could see their idea and perspective towards their work and I must say here that they did it!


Concept: The Crunch Box brings to you the gourmet style popcorns with new exciting flavors that many of us hadn’t thought of!They say they make these popcorns in small batches to keep them fresh and qualitative, and undoubtedly they prove it with a single bite! They have outlets at 3 places currently around Delhi and give an All India Delivery of it through Amazon and their own website www.crunchbox.in

Having their services extended to all Indigo Airline flights and Barista Coffee stores plus some of the Fortis Hospital food courts; The Crunch box has come a long way into recognition! With new outlets coming up at other places across Delhi, surely they plan on expanding more and more until you totally fall in love with them!

Packaging: I liked their quirky naming of the flavors and also the packaging. Because honestly when I thought of popcorns being couriered into a different city, I was sure they would land soggy and crunch-less. But I guess they lived by the name. The packaging looks like the popcorn boxes we usually get in theatres but with a closing lid, and an air tight pouch inside it, these popcorns are long lasting.

Products: They sent me an assortment of nine flavors of popcorns both from the normal ones and the exotic ones. And I am in love as yet! Like The Crunch Box claims ‘The closest thing to pure love in a box’. Let’s discuss their flavors in details, because it loved them much!


Sundried Tomato N Herbs ~ this was the first flavour I tried! A bite into it and I know why they named it The Crunch Box! It bought about a tangy and spicy taste along with mild sweetness of tomatoes, the aroma was almost like salsa dips and a perfect crunch.

Dark Chocolate Overload ~ the name itself speaks of love and to talk straight, this flavor lived for its words. Never had I thought that chocolate covered popcorn would hold such good crunch. It tastes like the popped corns were dipped in a chocolate and caramel dip and then packed! Love!
Jalapeno cheese poppers ~ this particular flavored got me so much confused that after munching on them I forgot if I was having popcorns or nachos! The flavor was so well done that you might even consider then having with a cheese dip, I tried!

Holy Smoke Wasabi ~ this was kind of new to me, it had a strong pungent mustard flavor with a tint of chilli-pepper and a lot of smokiness. Not appealing to everyone, but I am a fan of mustard and it kind of worked with me!

Chunky Munky Cheese ~ it’s like the regular cheese popcorn we buy for watching movies, do I need to tell you more? It’s Cheesy!!

Sour Cream N Onion ~ well this one holds a lot of raw onion flavor to it with a tinge of sour cream. You will enjoy the creaminess and the flavor only if you love munching on onions.

Now comes the three mind blowing flavors that kept me satiating! These three came in aluminium air-tight jars which alone were pretty awesome!


Classic Pizza Crunch ~ this was like pizza made into popcorns. Think of capsicu
m, tomatoes, oregano, onions and the pizza sauce and you get all in one crunch of this flavor! So, if you are dieting you surely want to consider this one as a pizza alternative! (There is none, but this surely swears by!)

Warm caramel crunch ~ I thought I’ve had enough caramel pop-corns by now to be judging this one, but this cute-sweet goodness made me fall in love. There is something about sweet popcorns that delights your tongue, and warm caramel is one of the most loved flavors by us! I kept munching on it until I realized I should taste them properly!

Sticky English toffee~ you surely are reminded of Eclairs or Alpenlibe, the creamy caramel toffees that we so fondly tried to hold on until it melted properly. You won’t be able to hold this one! You put into your mouth and boom! It’s gone, just for the craving of another one!

Services: The CrunchBox has a wide range of services available for you to enjoy! If you have a party or a big function at home you can get personalized counters for them. For the wedding planners and plans, you can even get your invitation cards or return gifts specially designed with a small package of gourmet popcorns it it! In corporate they have already nailed the services by extending their packages at various events.

Pricing: They have varied price range according to quantities served for different flavors. The basic one goes for Rs 67 for a small pack and 227 for a large one! The candied and special flavors retail at Rs. 80/- to 100/- for small packs and Rs. 275/- to Rs. 324/- for a large one. Quite worth it when you know of the flavor! You can choose the flavor on their website link here.


MyPlateReview Recommends: if you are a popcorn fanatic, you are bound to love The Crunchbox! With the range of flavors and the packing style, The CrunchBox promises to serve you with a choice and satisfaction! Try their Dark Chocolate Overload, Jalapenos Cheese poppers, Warm caramel crunch or Sticky English toffee. Also, the Classic pizza crunch shall delight the pizza lovers!

MyPlateReview Rating: 4.5/5

For ordering:
Amazon link: TheCrunchBox Amazon


Contact: +91 97177 56677 or e-mail: info@thecrunchbox.in

Connect with me via
Email: nisha.na2708@gmail.com Instagram: nishclick

Twitter: @myplatereview or Facebook: /myplatereview

5 comments:

  1. I just landed up in your blog and I really appreciate your blog. It is full of resourceful information. Buy our mouthwatering recipes to choose from, we have popcorners snacks for everyone—from the sublime simplicity of Nearly Naked, to our decadent Red Velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,
    Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
    High on taste, high on ease · Ready-to-eat in buttery, spicy, and salty flavors. · Movie Theater Butter · Jalapeño Cheddar · Sea salt .
    Email : info@globalweedfarm.com/peryglory2@gmail.com
    Click here for more information:- more info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting blog, Thanks for sharing this content pls visit our site Custom packaging boxes India

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you’re having a movie night,
    large popcorn boxes are the perfect way to serve your guests. They’re easy to assemble and measure, and come with ten boxes per package. These boxes are also great as party favors. They come in red and white striped designs and are the perfect size for movie night snacks.

    ReplyDelete