Wednesday 25 May 2016

#RestaurantReview : Pav Bhaji at Choudhary's


I am where the food is! And no matter if it’s a city or town, if someone sells good quality food that makes me lick my finger, I am there! Well one such place is this Veg Bite Choudhary Pav Bhaji, at my hometown in Siliguri.
He sells one of the spiciest and the best Pav Bhaji, not only in my town, but better than anywhere I have had until today.

The man behind the shop, Mr. S K choudhary was amongst the first persons I saw in my hometown having used Amul butter for his Pav bhaji servings. Never had I seen a small stall using Amul butter. But yes this man makes Pav Bhaji with utter dedication and passion and that is why taste is so mouth watering.

Concept: A small stall that used to serve Pav Bhaji in the open has now developed into almost a shop. Selling the most amazing Pav Bhaji since the last 27 years, this shop located at the Hill Cart Road, Near Sartaj Hotel and is famous for its Pav bhaji. If you have a matter with onions, he serves the without-onion ones too which is equally yum.

Ambience or Feel: I would call feel! Street food is served in street food style. Just buy a plate and stand in front of the stall and eat. Smoking hot and finger licking good! There are a few staffs taking care of your order and serve it on time.

Plating: Pav bhaji is served in a paper-plate with a paper-bowl containing the bhaji.

Price: One plate of Pav Bhaji contains one Pav and a bowl full of bhaji which is priced at Rs. 60/-. The bhaji can be refilled and extra Pav is chargeable. Sometimes we do arrange a takeaway with a packet of Pav from him which is cheaper to us. 



MyPlateReview recommends: When visiting Siliguri, this small stall is a must visit for a quick snack. Pav bhaji makes for a good dinner plan too. I know the people of my hometown must have already craved for going to Choudhary Pav Bhaji like NOW! So if you have no issues with street kind of food, this small place is a good visit.

MyPlateReview rating: 4/5

Contact: Mr. S.K. Choudhary- 9002242891

Timings: 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.


Connect with me via
Email: nisha.na2708@gmail.com or instagram: nishclick

Twitter: @myplatereview or Facebook: /myplatereview

2 comments:

  1. Worst Paw Bhaji one can have. Very little quantity, exorbitant price (Rs. 75) for 1 single paw and 2-3 teaspoon bhaji. Taste is also not as it was 5-6 years ago. A must avoid.

    ReplyDelete