Friday 26 February 2016

#RestaurantReview : Berco's, Connaught Place, New Delhi-110001


Winter in Delhi is a fight and we all resort to some cure every evening. All the fortunate people get to sip teas, coffees and sometimes soups at their sweet little warm house, while others just find some escape in their blankets and order their reliefs online.

I and my friend were on our visiting spree to New Delhi and winter caught me in its pretty fashion. The rough throat and endless sneeze only made me order the sumptuous soup I needed. Berco’s was the nearest rescue. We ordered the ‘Talumein Soup’ (This soup is my latest crush and soon to be on the blog too) into our hotel room from Berco’s which was through the “Swiggy” App (I will cover the Swiggy App service in a later post!). The soup was boiling hot and yum, instantly curing my throat and giving me soup-gasm. We loved the soup so much that we fell in love with Berco’s. This is when I decided to visit Berco’s the next time I crave for soup.

Address: Berco’s, Block G-2/43, Middle Circle, Connaught Place, New Delhi-110001

Concept: A typical Chinese and Thai Cuisine restaurant surrounded by the environment and interiors screaming the kind of food they serve.

Ambience: The restaurant is a double storeyed building with the normal dining option at the ground floor and a family lounge at the first floor. The sitting arrangement at the ground floor is a buzzed area mainly dedicated to fast serving and munching. The lounge at the first floor is a much comfortable zone with slow music and cozy environment.


Food: Berco’s is famous for its Chinese variants in its menu giving its customers a chance to choose from different types of sauce and ways to cook. Although I would say their options don’t really make up to their service. I ordered ‘Chilly Garlic Crispy Vegetable’ and the dish took almost half an hour to arrive, plus all I got was fried baby-corns with a sauce. On complaining the staff took away the dish and took another half an hour to fix it. Of course I did order the ‘Talumein Soup’ which was served pretty cold and made me wonder how Swiggy managed to serve it boiling hot the other day. The other dishes I ordered were ‘Chilly Paneer’ and ‘Singapore Style Noodles’ plus a soft drink to go with it. The noodles were disheartening and the Chilly Paneer was not at all the quality I would have expected from a Chinese hut, let alone a Chinese food joint.

There is whole range of non-veg. food options but me being a strict vegetarian won’t comment on that front.


Drink: The joint does NOT serve alcohols but has a variety of options in Mocktails and soft drinks.

Service: The staff and management are attentive but slow. They did take long and serve cold soup with inappropriate order but then they replaced it too without any exchange of bad moods or words. So, almost a below average rating to them!

Plating: The cutlery is designed keeping in mind the brand logo of Berco’s and has some Chinese engravings on them. Clean and hygienic!

Price: Comparing to other Chinese joints around the area, this joint comes out to be quite better priced.

Mood: Crowded at the ground floor but the lounge area is very soothing and cozy.


My Take: If you are looking for good Chinese soup you can resort to Berco’s. Presently having about 15 outlets and home delivery options, it’s bound to win your hearts. But I am unsure of its food satisfaction for others, so go ahead on your own risk. Here I would recommend, to go to Swiggy App and place an order for food delivery from berco’s. (Don’t forget the Talumein Soup, Hehe!)

Visit their Website: http://bercos.net.in/ 

4 comments:

  1. I have really had a good experience in terms of information of you blog. I am sure visitors will also like your creativity. food delivery uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog. Great post. It is very true, people must learn how to learn before they can learn. lol i know it sounds funny but its very true. . local restaurants near me

    ReplyDelete
  3. ordered food from bercos through zomato after a long time and was totally disappointed, I think the whole staff including chef have changed. Never gonna order again.

    ReplyDelete