Monday 29 May 2017

An evening in Cafe Lota, Indian Crafts Museum, Delhi #RestaurantReview

Cafes don’t just brew coffees, they brew moments into our lives.


I fond over visiting cafes which aren’t popular enough, or aren’t crowdy at all times. The thought subsides that you get to breathe into your own time and the place feels like bliss. But this notion was shattered big time when I walked into this very popular café in Indian National Crafts Museum at Pragati Maidan. The place is inside the museum grounds and makes for the right place to hog on food after visiting the crafts there.




After having a rather sunny day visiting the museum, I entered this place and found myself a nice seat. The menu surprised me by the unusual dishes and their names which aren’t common in most cafes. Instead of the usual pastas and sandwiches I could actually fins a lot of desi dishes with a fine twist that my tongue just went palpitating over them. I ordered right away!


Sabudana popcorn, hari mirch thecha ~ Crispy yet soft, spicy yet subtle, poppy yet filling – the sabudana popcorn was a big pop of flavor for me. I haven’t been a huge fan of sabudana but the taste and idea of turning them into popcorn like munching definitely appealed and won my choice! The paired up green chutney is a classic match with some spice to sprinkle over the popcorns.


Sattu Paratha and chokha ~ If you are an Indian then munching over sattu paratha has got to be a therapy for you! With the delectable taste and flavor of sattu in the paratha making up the taste in your tongue, the aloo chokha, onion sides and brinjal chokha definitely takes it to another level. The large platter that it was, I would not have been able to finish it if it was not sattu paratha. Filling, healthy and definitely mouth watering!


Aamras Gol Gappe (SUMMER SPECIAL MENU) ~ Its summers and the café has come out with their special summer menu which comprises of a feew Mango dishes in which the mango gol gappa caught my attention. This one has a crispy gol gappa filled with rabri and a dollop of aamras with a slice of mango on top. Bliss!


MyPlateReview Recommends: Café Lota is already a very popular place and if you haven’t been there yet, give it a visit. Pick up the dishes I tasted or the desi twist you would like to explore, I am sure the café won’t disappoint you.

MyPlateReview Rating: 4.5/5

Price: Aptly priced for the quantity and taste they serve.

Plating: The plating is quite good with special attraction on the platters.

Address: Café Lota, National Crafts Museum, Gate 2, Bhairon Marg, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi

Timing: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (Monday Closed)

Contact: 99108 07703

Connect with me via

Email: nisha.na2708@gmail.com or Instagram: nishclick


Twitter: @myplatereview or Facebook: /myplatereview

No comments:

Post a Comment