Wednesday 17 August 2016

Chocolate love at my first visit to Theobroma; Its a love tale!

All a die hard chocolate lover needs is a little of baked love...


It had been years that I had read an article on Femina about Chef Kainaz Messman and her journey of chocolate loving and baking which led her to open her own first boutique patisserie named Theobroma!
It was the time when brownie were the new introductions in India and vegetable cakes like carrot cake, pumpkin cake and apple cakes were yet not served so openly. The article showed pictures of the patisserie and Chef Kainaz Messman which still does not leave my mind! I was about 18 years old when I had known I would someday visit this boutique patisserie and taste that sweet brownie I saw in the picture. The urge was not just because it involved chocolate and baking but because there was a woman who had made it through her dreams into reality and I fell in love with her story!

Indeed my urge came true too! This time I had a visit to Mumbai and had the chance to visit Theobroma and guess what it felt like! I had the pictures and thoughts revolving in my head about how I had lived through years and never thought I would come this far! Standing in front of Theobroma I felt if a soft urge from childhood can come true anything will and shall come true! So much of positivity already and here I am sharing my experience at Theobroma!


Concept: Theobroma is a European style boutique patisserie and bakery which introduced the baking, making and serving culture to India and made its name into the best kind of brownie available as yet. The first store had opened in Colaba which extended to as many as 10 outlets all over Mumbai. Like a small café it will treat you with an aroma of baking and chocolates and a lot of posters put up on the wall. And right in the middle of that an extending array of cakes, muffins, croissants etc for your sweet tooth.

Ambiance: It is like a little café from Europe and is pretty calm and sorted. You order your favourites and sit to enjoy. It is almost full most of the time and has only about four to five benches. Short, small and sweet!

Food: The tagline “Food of the gods” is like the patent that runs into making your believe in the claim with the first bite. The brownies are their most famous delights and are supplied all over India. They also have special preparations of rare delights which still await a good introduction in India. You will find varieties of pastries and cupcakes here which shall be new to you!

My Picks: I happened to taste a lot of offerings from Theobroma which are:


Red Velvet Cupcake: This was the ultimate red velvet cupcake I have had as yet. The buttery icing was bang on and the smooth texture, shade and the flavor was blissful indulgence. Red velvet holds a lot of brownie flavor but with a hint of fruits to it and is slightly reddish-maroonish in colour – This was it!


Blueberry Cheese Cake: Yes I loved it too but slightly less than the red velvet cupcake. The cheese cake was nice but a little too sticky but all in all a good try!

Dense Loaf: My sister did arrange for me the box of Theobroma love packed safely for home indulgences! The chocolate dense loaf is storable for almost 7 days and I loved the perfect balance of flavours. It is a sort of brownie made out of melted chocolate (mmmm…) I have not had brownies baked to such perfection before. DEFINITELY A MUST!


Overload Brownie: This one is love for someone who loves chocolate! Theobroma is after all the love for chocolates! The brownie is filled and covered with chocolate and infinite pleasure!

Eggless Brownie: this was like the usual brownie which was again baked to perfection! There was balance in flavours and the sponginess was great. Loved that they store items for the eggless eaters and I got to eat varieties!

Drinks: They do have some shakes but I did not go that way! I made way for just desserts, desserts and desserts!

Service: The service is quite prompt as the pastries are kept in the café ready to serve. So you place and order and you will be served in mad 10 minutes.

Plating: They use plastic use-and-throw plates because of the huge footfall. This is one feature I would like them to improve on because quirky and stylish crockery do wonders o presentation of the dish and love reciprocated by the customers are beyond comparisons.

Price: Its almost going to be Rs. 300/- per person. The pricing is very much in sync with the other patisserie prices.


MyPlateReview Recommends: There had been a wish to visit this place for me and I still loved it! I would like them to work on their presentation and serve their delights in better way. Try their red velvet cupcake (Always out of stock) and also DON’T MISS OUT ON THE BROWNIES!!

MyPlateReview Rating: 4.5/5

Address: There are 10 outlets all over Mumbai with the first one at Colaba! Here is a list of all the 10 outlets.

Contact: 022 33716011

Timings: 8 a.m. to 12 Midnight

Connect with me via:
E-mail: nisha.na2708@gmail.com Or Instagram: nishclick


Twitter: @myplatereview or facebook: /myplatereview

20 comments:

  1. Hi,this is really very nice blog.I have learned a lot of good and informative stuff from your

    blog.Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful post. Keep posting such valuable contents.

    Please visit our website by clicking the links given below.

    Cake Boxes online Mumbai
    Cake Boxes online Mumbai
    Cupcakes Packaging Box
    Cupcakes Packaging Box

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post the first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you…

    Cake base wholesale
    Paper Box Cake
    Customized cake boxes in Mumbai
    Cake Baseboard manufacturer in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about order cake online mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about order birthday cakes online Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nice Blog!!! Thank you for sharing the information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!!!

    Cake boards wholesale in Mumbai
    cake boxes wholesale in mumbai
    cake box manufacturers near me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the informative article! waiting for your next post.- baby shower cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about custom cakes near me

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really nice post related to packaging. Thank you very much for sharing.
    It has helped me in finding out more detail about buy cake boxes online in India.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about birthday cake for kid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about cakes mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  12. The most excellent and useful design custom packaging boxes India with the toughest and inflexible materials ensure with top of the line appealing and appropriate printing in a wide range of finish alternatives from custom packaging boxes are essential to keep delicate things vitally free from damage. Packaging plays a fundamental part in the extraordinary item, in this way, we give the best quality custom packaging boxes in India Packaging design assumes a significant part in changing the client viewpoint. Planning custom packaging boxes in India imaginatively can cause a client to pick your items over rivals, these humble pleasures are wonderful and need a lot of care while taking care of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this blog, if you are facing any issues with custom printed boxes in Mumbai, I would like to suggest you that there are most of the top packaging companies in India which are offing best services with the noble intent of providing superior printing and packaging solutions in Mumbai to each of its customers, covering an entire length of their requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks delicious .

    ReplyDelete
  15. A comment is indeed a way of not only building a personal link, but also appreciating the blog post. I appreciate you for the tips. Thanks Online cake Delivery in Varanasi We only make fresh and creamy cakes for your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice Post. Thanks for sharing such delicious information.
    Fresh Tableware
    Use and Throw Plates Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete